Customer-Facing Engineer's ExchangeShare with and learn from peers; try out ideas, test material and find solutions
The core activity of the Customer-Facing Engineer’s Exchange is a 100-minute teleconference where engineers in pre- and post-sales support roles (Customer-Facing Engineers – CFEs) share experiences, ideas and best practices.
CFEs from different countries, companies and cultures discuss a wide range of challenges. Most, but not all, will have already participated in an ICONDA training course, such as Excellence in Client Encounters.
Using the safe, structured environment of the Exchange, they can:
- Solve problems, practice encounters, get feedback
- Learn new techniques and refine old ones
- Exchange information and, above all, meet people!
The Exchange is open to anyone who believes:
- They can help others through the Exchange
- They will benefit from the Exchange
What topics could be discussed?
Topics are chosen by participants in the runup to a session and at the start of the session itself. Here are some examples:
- Time and task management tools and techniques
- Productivity and resources allocation (how to influence?)
- Adapting to a broad range of customer personalities, styles, needs.
- Avoiding the negative influence of the customer’s problems (overload, lack of understanding, poor communication, etc.)
- Influencing my organisation on topics that affect me but which I have no direct control over
- Cultural barriers within different regions (APAC/EU/US)
- Imperfect communication between internal departments causes frustration and stress (for me and my customers)
- Making a contribution to commerical activities linked to technical support
- Mediating conflict situations
… there are many more (see opposite)
How does a session work?
Sessions last 100 minutes and start at five past the hour. The agenda is as follows:
- Inclusion: brief introductions from each participant
- Recap of session rules and main process
- Topic selection and agenda setting
- THE WORK !
- Summary and farewells
The format is based on a tried and tested process, used for Best Practices Exchanges between Engineering Team Leaders.
How do I get started?
The first, experimental sessions will be in the September/October timeframe and they will be free to ICONDA’s ex-trainees.
You register by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll then receive calendar invitations to scheduled sessions and you’ll be included in email exchanges on possible discussion topics for your session.
Accept all the invitations for sessions that are convenient for you.
We will then finalise the participation of each session according to the acceptances received, ensuring that each participant is included in just one session and that the number of participants in each session is balanced.
Sessions will go ahead with 3-6 participants.
The ICONDA Advantage
- A confirmed trainer and qualified coach (Institut Maieutis, level 2, code NSF 315, European level CEC: 6), certified in Process Communication by Kahler Communication France
- Over 25 year’s experience in high-tech industry, in Semiconductor, Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and associated software
- In-depth experience in both design roles and in the field (Sales, Marketing and Applications).
Benefits for the Exchange
- Processes are adapted to the needs and preferences of Customer-Facing Engineers
- Long experience with coaching and training gives us a flexible approach, adapted to the needs of the day
- ICONDA’s domain experience and considerable database of training material and activities is available as a backup, allowing us to be “force de propositions” when appropriate.