ICONDA Training in Client EncountersHelping engineers maximise the positive impact of their expertise
Activity-packed training that equips engineers working in various demanding, global contexts for efficient and productive client interaction. Whether their customers be internal or external, Customer-Facing Engineers (CFEs) will find that our ICON9-based methodology significantly reduces the tension between the technical and non-technical aspects of their work. The result is not only greater productivity, but also authentic and more satisfying relationships.
Our flagship training program has been designed primarily for Applications Engineers, Consulting Engineers, Technical Sales Representatives and Marketing personnel. Their proximity and easy access to customers makes them essential to their companies’ commercial success, even though their core expertise may be technical.
A few details ...
The program is typically a 3-day mix of lectures and workshops
It is spread out over several weeks
Duration and format varies according to needs
Face-to-face and/or remote
Completed with checkpoint interviews and certification
Optional topics include managing evaluations and benchmarks, creating and delivering training and the use of challenging/reframing
Using a plethora of activities and examples, we build on participants’ intuition and experience in order to achieve client encounters which …
- harvest more and better information (encounter management fundamentals, learning discovery)
- provide clarity and understanding (guiding discovery, rapid creation of pitches & presentations)
- result in agreement and action (right assertiveness, negotiation)
… and run a reduced risk of customer issues (those that do occur being dealt with promptly!)
This training program addresses client-facing professionals who wish to (1) prepare for stressful, high-stake conversations and (2) cope better when conversations go wrong.
For example, when they have to refuse a strong client request, when they have to contradict clients (perhaps in a highly-charged meeting), or when the client is irritated, frustrated or blind angry !
A few details ...
For face-to-face training, the program format is two single-day lecture/workshop sessions, separated by 4-6 weeks of monitored independent work.
If remote, each single-day session is replaced with two consecutive half-days.
The program is new, though it has already been delivered to customers in France and the UK. As for all our programs, the audience is worldwide and we cater particularly to global teams.
We equip program participants to deal with these types of situation. In particular, we enable them to skilfully move towards the difficulty, rather than avoiding it (however politely/subtly) or fighting it (returning aggression with aggression).
Starting from tools and methods presented in the Excellence in Client Encounters program, we outline a powerful approach to difficult conversations and put it into practice with extensive examples and exercises. These are reinforced by independent work and plenty of supportive feedback.
Both programs use tools, methods and best practices from the fields of Applications Engineering, Sales, Coaching and Psychology. We make it as easy as possible to switch to and fro between technical, detail-oriented tasks and the complex, messy business of … well, business. Though we cannot claim to resolve every disconnect between these logical and not-so-logical worlds, we do facilitate navigation between them.
The training has been successfully delivered all over the world since 2011. Customers include major chip manufacturers, equipment suppliers, software developers and intellectual property suppliers.
The ICONDA Advantage
Proven and referenced
- ICONDA has delivered training courses, in English and French, all over the world for the past 10 years. We regularly stage events in multiple European countries, in the USA, in Japan and in AsiaPac.
- ICONDA Solutions has passed the rigorous DataDock acceptance checks, is registered with DataDock, and has been working with OPCA’s in France for many years
Facilitation by the CEO, Andy Betts
- A confirmed trainer and qualified coach (Institut Maieutis, level 2, code NSF 315, European level CEC: 6), certified in Process Communication by Kahler Communication France
- Over 25 year’s experience in high-tech industry, in Semiconductor, Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and associated software
- In-depth experience in both design roles and in the field (Sales, Marketing and Applications).
Bring the benefits of a coaching approach to training
- Training is about supporting and enabling participants to practice, much less about informing and explaining new ideas
- Long experience with coaching and training teams allows a flexible approach, adapted to each group and its mood on the day
- The facilitator’s deep background knowledge, together with ICONDA’s considerable training database, allow clarifying material to be injected into training sessions as and when appropriate.