Independent learning is an excellent complement to other training approaches, allowing trainees to deepen their knowledge and to develop their autonomy. The following products can be accessed through laptop and smartphone-friendly eLearning systems:
- Video series: A complete training course in thirty 12-minute sessions. This is the main resource used in Flash Training.
- Audio series: Short reminder and exercise sessions, for use as a backup to classroom and video work, with all the flexibility of audio
- ICON9 collateral: exercises, quick references, posters, icon9 website, etc. and the text book Client Encounters of the Technical Kind.
- Online resources are described here.
The ICONDA eLearning Video library currently has 30 videos of about 12 minutes each, covering the whole of the ICON9 system, and more. The video below is a sample from close to the start of the Client Encounters Using ICON9 series.
We can supply these videos under license, for incorporation into your company eLearning system. In this case, they would be accompanied by other ICON9 eLearning collateral, such as scripts, slides copies and questions.
Alternatively, trainees can use the ICONDA eLearning infrastructure, which is based on Adapt software (the first release of this system is expected in Q4 2017 – please contact us if you could be interested in participating in the beta trial).
Either way, the video material is an excellent complement to Training Encounters, allowing trainees to ‘consume’ information at their own rate, and to go back to certain parts of the course as they need to.
The principal underlying these audio, Learn As You Go sessions is that regular learning is effective learning. Hence, each session gives you a tiny, daily dose of ICON9 training, allowing you to not just understand it but also to integrate it into your work habits. And to do so without overloading your schedule.
Tracks are grouped into modules, where each module corresponds to one of the ICON9 tools. There are 4 to 6 audio tracks, plus a a motivational video, for each module.
The first release of Learn As You Go, scheduled for Q4 2017, will contain the modules MAP, PAGE, DISCOVER-Y and TMM. It will contain 24 tracks and about three hours of listening. Please contact us if you could be interested in participating in an earlier beta release.
There are four types of ICON9 collateral, listed here with examples:
- Documents to consult
- The book, Client Encounters of the Technical Kind; the PDF ICON9kit; the ICON9 online elements; course handbooks (copies of slides).
- Stuff to keep to carry around
- Quick references guides; ICON9kit templates (Excel, PPT, OneNote)
- Things to display
- We have some terrific posters!
- Material for work and practice
- Multi-choice questions; template email guidelines (to customise); role plays and other exercises
Some of this collateral, such as the ICON9 kit, is available on request (see below), while other items are supplied in the context of a Learning and Development contract.
Training Experiences and Testimony
Many of our training experiences are captured in articles, together with testimony from our customers. Here is the latest post …
Half and half
Anita Roddick* once said:
If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room
The corona virus seems to have taken the place of the mosquito 😉
So, making a virtue out of different necessities, my colleagues and I delivered two half-remote training courses last week...