Learning and Development Solutions for Your TeamOur Learning & Development Solutions address the most complex client situations, both internal and external:
- ICONDA’s training classes are designed for engineers and engineering teams in various client contact situations, both external and internal.
- Flash Training allows flexible content selection, scheduling and location while preserving many of the benefits of face-to-face encounters.
- Video series: A complete training course in thirty 12-minute sessions. This is the main resource used in Flash Training.
- Audio series: Short reminder and exercise sessions, for use as a backup to classroom and video work, with all the flexibility of audio
- ICON9 collateral: exercises, quick references, posters, icon9 website, etc. and the text book Client Encounters of the Technical Kind.
- Online resources are described here.
- Checkpoints: Short, individual review meetings between facilitators and trainees – a collaborative exercise, stimulating discussions that significantly deepen learning
- Coaching: Individual and Team sessions, enabling you to resolve immediate issues and often to transform them into opportunities for personal growth.
- Self-assessment: Exercises that allow trainees to check that they have captured a concept
- Feedback: Checks made before, on completion of and sometime after training encounters.
Our training courses are designed for engineers and engineering teams in various client contact situations, both external and internal.
Excellence in Client Encounters is for Engineers whose primary role is customer-facing. Excellence in Customer Intimacy is for developers and product engineers with customer-facing responsibilities. Excellence in Internal Encounters is for engineers in large companies, with complex internal communication to cope with.
Checkpoints provide senior customer-facing professionals with the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Client Encounters of the Technical Kind
There’s a lot more to technical work than technology, as anyone in contact with clients will know – and most engineers, scientists and technicians have some sort of client to worry about. Experience shows that the relational an commercial aspects of customer-facing technical roles are as difficult as the ‘hard science’. And, to succeed professionally, you have to shine in all these areas … simultaneously!
Client Encounters of the Technical Kind describes a set of tools and methods that help Customer-Facing Engineers to overcome this constant challenge. The system, called ICON9®, has proved its worth in many companies: small, large and multinational. It addresses Sales, Support and ‘Own Organisation’ topics, and also tackles delicate issues, such as how to stand up to customers whose views you do not share.
Client Encounters demystifies communication for field teams and, in doing so, renders a great service to high-tech companies. Its simple tools and processes promote productivity and effective business results. It’s the ONLY product I have seen that is effective in developing the “technical sales team”.
Client Encounters gives you a set of simple tools that were never covered in engineering school – how to engage and deal with people effectively, efficiently and with great success. I only wish they had been available to me and my colleagues years ago.
Training Experiences and Testimony
Many of our training experiences are captured in articles, together with testimony from our customers. Here is the latest post …
Engineering Support Beyond Do, Doc, Done
Do, Doc, Done captures a way of working that is popular among support engineers and which often works well. For example : a case comes my way in the issue tracking system. I fix it (Do), send an email or write a comment when I close the case (Doc) and move on to something else (Done).
There’s nothing wrong with this reactive process, but it can be even more powerful when a touch of proactivity is added, in the form of a Double-check.