Learning and Development Solutions for Your TeamOur Learning & Development Solutions address the most complex client situations, both internal and external:
- Excellence in Client Encounters
- Excellence in Customer Intimacy
- Excellence in Internal Encounters
- Rapid topic coverage in small groups
- Stimulating online/offline mix that’s easy to schedule
- Modules complement Classes and Workshops
- Short events with a training-teambuilding mix
- Many tried and tested activities to choose from
- Integrate with company meetings, sales kickoffs, etc.
- Professional practise sharing
- Consider everyone to be a potential leader
- Develop multiple skills while solving today’s problems
Programs may be tailored to your needs and are structured in three parts:
- Excellence in Client Encounters: a short course for Technical Sales and Applications Engineers (aka Excellence in Customer Communication)
- Flash Training allows flexible content selection, scheduling and location while preserving many of the benefits of face-to-face encounters.
- Video series: A complete training course in thirty 12-minute sessions. This is the main resource used in Flash Training.
- Audio series: Short reminder and exercise sessions, for use as a backup to classroom and video work, with all the flexibility of audio
- ICON9 collateral: exercises, quick references, posters, icon9 website, etc. and the text book Client Encounters of the Technical Kind.
- Online resources are described here.
- Checkpoints: Short, individual review meetings between facilitators and trainees – a collaborative exercise, stimulating discussions that significantly deepen learning
- Coaching: Individual and Team sessions, enabling you to resolve immediate issues and often to transform them into opportunities for personal growth.
- Self-assessment: Exercises that allow trainees to check that they have captured a concept
- Feedback: Checks made before, on completion of and sometime after training encounters.
Checkpoints provide senior customer-facing professionals with the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Client Encounters of the Technical Kind
There’s a lot more to technical work than technology, as anyone in contact with clients will know – and most engineers, scientists and technicians have some sort of client to worry about. Experience shows that the relational an commercial aspects of customer-facing technical roles are as difficult as the ‘hard science’. And, to succeed professionally, you have to shine in all these areas … simultaneously!
Client Encounters of the Technical Kind describes a set of tools and methods that help Customer-Facing Engineers to overcome this constant challenge. The system, called ICON9®, has proved its worth in many companies: small, large and multinational. It addresses Sales, Support and ‘Own Organisation’ topics, and also tackles delicate issues, such as how to stand up to customers whose views you do not share.
Client Encounters demystifies communication for field teams and, in doing so, renders a great service to high-tech companies. Its simple tools and processes promote productivity and effective business results. It’s the ONLY product I have seen that is effective in developing the “technical sales team”.
Client Encounters gives you a set of simple tools that were never covered in engineering school – how to engage and deal with people effectively, efficiently and with great success. I only wish they had been available to me and my colleagues years ago.
Training Experiences and Testimony
Many of our training experiences are captured in articles, together with testimony from our customers. Here is the latest post …
The Customer-Facing Few
October 12, 2018
Learning Objectives Enable Flexibility in STMicroelectronics Training
It may seem, when searching for training solutions, that the options are either Do It Yourself, represented here as Bleriot crossing the Channel in his own machine, or a low-risk, catalog-based solution - the P&O Ferry. Mega exciting on the one hand , but will it get you to where you want to go? As predictable as the tides on the other, but can such a standardized package take you to the leading edge of the subject?
Fortunately, there are alternatives.